Guess what time it is...based on the title of the post, you probably already guessed it ;) WORKSHOP TIME!!!!
If you are located in the Pacific Northwest & are considering building a tiny house, you might want to check out some upcoming workshops being offered by Portland Alternative Dwellings (PAD). Malissa & I have had the pleasure of taking part in several of their workshops in the past & feel they are a great resource for anyone considering building a tiny house!
Tiny Chair Workshop: Hands-On Building Instruction
Portland, Oregon – Saturday, January 25, 2014
Are you interested in building a tiny house, but don’t know where to start? How about a tiny chair! If you want to take on a bigger building project, but are nervous about using power tools correctly, this introductory workshop is for you. Start small by building yourself a simple, comfortable, tiny chair that folds up and stows away when you don’t need it. It’s perfect tiny house furniture, and travels well for picnics and day
Tiny House Basics Workshop: Introduction to Design and Building
Portland, Oregon – February 1st & 2nd, 2014
Do you dream about building a tiny house on wheels, designed just for you? Do you picture it in your backyard, or nested into a community of sorts, or resting out in the country where you can finally hear yourself think? Then this workshop is for you!
Our 2-day Tiny House Basics Workshop is comprehensive but entry-level, introducing you to the unique design and building principles that apply to a house. We’ll address:
- Case studies of tiny houses and pocket neighborhoods
- Cultivating home—the place and the people who make community.
- Navigating codes, insurance, and regulations.
- Tiny house building basics, including how to properly anchor a stick-built structure to a trailer.
- Tiny house building science, including moisture control, ventilation, heating, and cooling.
- Tiny house systems, including electrical, gas, and water systems.
The workshop includes both classroom-style learning and the chance to explore a tiny house. The topics we discuss are brought to life with a tour of pocket community.
This workshop will leave you confident and empowered, holding the three things you need most to start you out on your path toward tiny:
- A sound understanding of the considerations for designing and building a tiny house
- A variety of options and considerations for the systems you might want to include in your little home
- An understanding of how to connect with resources and get help with your project
- A connection to other like-minded tiny house enthusiasts, proving once and for all that you are not